Cidco MailStation as a Z80 Development Platform
Friday, May 10 2019 @ 19:07 CEST
Contributed by: tingo
The article Cidco MailStation as a Z80 Development Platform is interesting. Not just because the hardware is interesting, but because these things still are available on eBay.
There is a terminal program msTERM, mailstation-tools,
- Z80 cpu (8, 10 or 12 MHz)
- 128 kByte SRAM (8 bankeable pages)
- 1 MByte (64 bankable pages of OS code, referred to as "codeflash") & 512 kByte (32 bankable pages of user data such as downloaded e-mails, referred to as "dataflash") FLASH
- screen: LCD 320 x 128, monochrome
- Rockwell RCV336DPFSP 33.6kbps modem with caller ID
- Bidirectional parallel port
- 72-key QWERTY keyboard
- "New Mail" LED
See the Mailstation development pages at Fybertech. z88dk lists the MailStation as "unsupported".