OpenBSD 6.4 released
Saturday, October 20 2018 @ 15:58 CEST
Contributed by: tingo
OpenBSD 6.4 was released on October 18th, 2018. "As in our previous releases, 6.4 provides significant improvements,
including new features, in nearly all areas of the system"
Some things improved:
(first seen on OSnews)
- ACPI support on OpenBSD/arm64 platforms.
- The radeondrm(4) driver was updated to code based on Linux
4.4.155, adding modesetting support for KAVERI/KABINI/MULLINS APUs
and OLAND/BONAIRE/HAINAN/HAWAII GPUs.
- Support for radeondrm(4) on OpenBSD/arm64 platforms.
- New umt(4) driver for USB Windows Precision Touchpad devices.
- New bnxt(4) driver for Broadcom NetXtreme-C/E PCI Express Ethernet
adapters based on the Broadcom BCM573xx and BCM574xx chipsets.
Enabled on amd64 and arm64 platforms.
- New mue(4) driver for Microchip LAN7500/LAN7505/LAN7515/LAN7850
USB 2.0 and LAN7800/LAN7801 USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet devices.
- New acpisurface(4) driver providing ACPI support for Microsoft
Surface Book laptops.
- New agintcmsi(4/arm64) driver for the ITS component of the ARM
- New dwpcie(4) driver for the Synopsys Designware PCIe controller,
which is built into various SoCs.
- New acpipci(4/arm64) driver providing support for PCI host bridges
based on information provided by ACPI.
- New mvclock(4), mvgpio(4), mvicu(4), mvrng(4), mvrtc(4), and
mvtemp(4) drivers for various components of the Marvell Armada
- New hiclock(4), hidwusb(4), hireset(4), and hitemp(4) drivers for
various components of the HiSilicon SoCs.
- New ccp(4) and octcrypto(4/octeon) drivers for
- New ccpmic(4) and tipmic(4) drivers for Intel Crystal Cove and
Dollar Cove TI Power Management ICs.
- New imxrtc(4) driver for the RTC integrated in Freescale i.MX7 and