IceZero FPGA board
Friday, July 06 2018 @ 20:08 CEST
Contributed by: tingo
The IceZero FPGA board is interesting. It is sold here.
- Full FPGA design flow on Raspberry Pi (all open source)
- Fast FPGA configuration from Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi HAT Compatible
- Compatible in size with Raspberry PiZero and PiZero-W
BML specifi features
- Fully Open-Source Hardware and Software Design.
- Lattice ICE40HX4K FPGA that supports Clifford Wolf’s Project IceStorm tool chain.
- Interfaces to Raspberry Pi 2×20 GPIO Header for both power and bus interfaces.
- PROM programmable directly from Rasp Pi, no JTAG programmer required.
- External SRAM, supporting soft CPU core designs ( code execution ).
- Extra large SPI PROM, supporting soft CPU core designs ( code storage ).
- Industry standard PMOD expansion headers
- Mesa Bus Protocol 32 MHz SPI link between CPU and FPGA.
- 2-Layer PCB design. Orderable via OSH-Park or Gerbers for Downloading.
- FTDI 1×6 USB Serial Cable header for use with PC instead of Pi ( or as a soft CPU debug Trace Port ).
- Single Pi UART plumbed to FPGA for muxing to multiple external serial devices.