Monday, January 15 2018 @ 10:44 CET
Contributed by: tingo
Zephyr Project is a scalable real-time operating system (RTOS) supporting multiple hardware architectures, optimized for resource constrained devices, and built with security in mind.
What makes Zephyr Project different?
- Available through the Apache 2.0 open source license
- Free to use in commercial and non-commercial solutions
- Optimized for low-powered, small memory footprint devices
- Supports Bluetooth®, Bluetooth® Low Energy, Wi-Fi*, 802.15.4
- Supports standards like 6Lowpan, CoAP, IPv4, IPv6, and NFC
- Runs on systems as small as 8 kB of memory all the way up to 512 kB
- Developed with security in mind
- Employs an in-depth security development lifecycle: security validation, fuzz and penetration testing, frequent code reviews, static code analysis, threat modeling and reviews to prevent backdoors in the code
- The project’s governance includes the formation of a security working group and a delegated security maintainer