FreeBSD 10.2 released
Friday, August 14 2015 @ 12:19 CEST
Contributed by: tingo
FreeBSD 10.2 was released on August 13th, 2015. From the announcement: "The FreeBSD Release Engineering Team is pleased to announce the availability of FreeBSD 10.2-RELEASE. This is the third release of the stable/10 branch, which improves on the stability of FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE and introduces some new features."
and more. See the Release Notes and Release Errata for more information.
- The resolvconf(8) utility has been updated to version 3.7.0, with improvements to protect DNS privacy.
- The ntp suite has been updated to version 4.2.8p3.
- A new rc(8) script, growfs, has been added, which will resize the root filesystem on boot if the /firstboot file exists.
- The Linux® compatibility version has been updated to support Centos™ 6 ports.
- The drm code has been updated to match Linux® version 3.8.13, allowing running multiple X servers simultaneously.
- Several enhancements and updates for improved FreeBSD/arm support.
- Several ZFS performance and reliability improvements.
- GNOME has been updated to version 3.14.2.
- KDE has been updated to version 4.14.3.